Table of Contents
- 1 1. KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment
- 2 2. KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment
- 3 3. KitchenAid KSMFGA Food Grinder Attachment
- 4 4. KitchenAid 80127 Stand Mixer Attachment
- 5 5. GVODE Stainless Steel Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment
- 6 Are Meat Grinder Attachments Safe for Dishwasher?
- 7 Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Meat Grinder Attachment
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
As a meat lover, you probably have tried and owned several meat grinders, and you may wonder how a Kitchenaid meat grinder attachment will work in comparison to your grinders. These attachments are effective tools that could save you food prep time and energy when cooking, and if you have a lot of meat recipes, you would want something to make your cooking time easy and fast.
We have reviewed the best options below to ease your purchase decision if shopping for the best KitchenAid meat grinder attachments. We have also included some factors you should consider to help you make the best decision.
1. KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment
KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Fits all Household…
- Fine Plate to grind meats and dried breads.
- Coarse Plate to grind firm fruits, vegetables and cheeses.
- Grinder attachment greatly expands a stand mixer’s flexiblity
- Ideal for grinding meats, grating cheese, making bread crumbs and…
KitchenAid Food Grinder attachment is among the top attachments suitable for grinding meat, and it uses motor power to help you tackle several tasks. KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment includes a knife, housing, fine grinding plate, auger, Course Grinding Plate, stomper or wrench and a securing ring.
The coarse grinding plate is perfect for grinding raw meat for meatloaf or burgers and combining ingredients for your home salsa. On the other hand, the fine plate grates hard cheeses and helps in making bread crumbs.
2. KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment
KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment, Silver
- Connect to any household KitchenAid Stand Mixer* power hub and…
- The possibilities for creating fresh, inventive foods are endless…
- The larger food tray* allows you to process more ingredients in…
- Pre-chill the grinder in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain…
- The KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder is packed and organized inside…
KitchenAid KSMMGA is among the popular food grinder attachments for several reasons. To start with, it is made by the company Kitchenaid, and also it is crafted from very high-quality metal. The metal food grinder can be attached to any Kitchenaid stand mixer model, and therefore you won’t need to break a sweat to turn it on or off.
KitchenAid model KSMMGA includes a large food tray that one can use to grind large amounts of meat at a go. The metal food grinder also features a convenient front pocket with its storage case, making it easy to store all parts and access them from a single location.
KitchenAid KSMMGA metal meat grinder attachment is a complete set to start grinding, and it also has fine, medium and coarse grinding plates and two sausage stuffer tubes. Although the metal food grinder attachment is all praise, it’s important to note that it’s heavier than other meat grinder attachment models, but this is not much of a deal-breaker as you don’t have to hold it when grinding meat.
3. KitchenAid KSMFGA Food Grinder Attachment
KitchenAid Attachment Food Grinder Accessory, One Size,…
- Designed, engineered, and tested by KitchenAid
- Simply attach the food grinder to the power hub of any KitchenAid…
- Convenient front pocket
- Expand your creativity with the sausage stuffer kit (ksmssa) or…
- Model KSMFGA includes (1) food grinder, (1) food tray, (1) fine…
KitchenAid KSMFGA is an indispensable grinder attachment as it’s super versatile, kneads dough, whips eggs and mixes batter. The attachment for meat grinders can also grind meat, vegetables, fruits, vegetable and hard cheese.
KitchenAid KSMFGA comes with some accessories and attachments of its own, and this makes your KitchenAid meat grinders more versatile than they already are. The food grinder has fine grating plates for maximum flexibility, and this makes it simple for making bread crumbs, several combining dips, homemade salsa and burger patties.
KitchenAid KSMFGA, apart from the housing, comes with a fine plate and a coarse plate, a knife, auger, securing ring, and a stomper wrench. The grinder body, food pusher and ring are dishwasher safe, but the metal blade and grinder plates will need hand washing.
4. KitchenAid 80127 Stand Mixer Attachment
KitchenAid 80127 Stand Mixer Attachment with Food…
- Designed, engineered, and tested by KitchenAid
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Fits all Household…
- Slicer/Shredder with 2 slicing cones for thick/thin & 2 shredding…
- Food Grinder with fine plate for meats & coarse plate for firm…
- Sausage Stuffer for the Food Grinder (Requires FGA, included).
KitchenAid 80127 meat grinder attachment is another favorite attachment for many users. It fits all household Kitchenaid stand mixers making it easy to choose the proper one to fit your needs. In addition, it allows a user to grind more than meat, and it can also grind homemade salsa and vegetables.
KitchenAid 80127 has a sausage stuffer used to make homemade sausages which you can serve your kids at any time of the day. The meat grinder attachment includes a rotor slicer or shedder that can slice cheese easily to make other items. However, one disadvantage is that it is made of plastic, but it’s dishwasher safe on a bright note.
5. GVODE Stainless Steel Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment
Stainless Steel Food Grinder Attachment Accessories for…
- Premium Stainless Steel food grinder accessory, Sturdy and…
- Includes 2 grinding blades,4 grinding plates and 2 sausages…
- Ideal for grinding meats, fruits and vegetable, grating cheese,…
- Polished mirror surface, easy to clean, Dishwasher Safe
- Specially designed for KitchenAid Stand Mixers，After sale1…
Even though the Gvode stainless steel meat grinder attachment is not from KitchenAid, it is solid stainless steel machinery, so you are guaranteed it will serve you well. It is a perfect choice for grinding meats and fresh ingredients such as fruits and vegetables.
GVODE meat grinder attachment comes with four grinding plates, two sausage stuffer tubes, and grinding plates, and therefore you won’t need to buy anything separately. In addition, the parts are easy to clean in the dishwasher, but it’s also advisable to wash the parts thoroughly on your sink.
However, the model comes at a very high price tag, but if you need a durable one that will deliver great performance, this will be hard to beat.
Are Meat Grinder Attachments Safe for Dishwasher?
Most meat grinders have attachment parts like grinder plates which are dishwasher-safe, and even though it’s an easy way to keep the attachments clean, it is also good practice to hand wash them. Some of the reasons include:
- Most meat is usually fatty and doesn’t rinse well and thoroughly in a dishwasher. So the best way to wash these attachments is to use hot water and the good Dawn liquid detergent to ensure all parts are squeaky clean
- Also, some of these attachments are delicate and may crack if washed in the dishwasher
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Meat Grinder Attachment
1. Right fit for your meat grinder
This is the first consideration as you need to ensure you are buying meat grinder attachments that are the right fit for your meat grinder model. Observe this because if you purchase the wrong one, even though you may be able to exchange or return the product if you have not used it, it will be a waste of time.
The construction and build quality of meat grinder attachments are important factors to consider since their construction material determines if the meat grinder attachment will be durable. A durable meat grinder attachment is necessary since it will ensure durability and longevity if the construction is durable.
The material used in manufacturing your meat grinder attachments is another crucial factor to consider in the material type. All meat grinder attachments should use food-grade materials to ensure safer and healthier food during processing in the grinding process.
3. Size of Feeding Tray/Hopper
Since a meat grinder is used to grind meat of different items, and sometimes it will be in larger batches, it’s important always to check out the size of the hopper or feeding tray. A larger hopper means you will be able to grind more meat at a go, and you won’t have to load up the removable food tray often to grind more in less time.
Every owner wants to own a versatile meat grinder attachment, and a multifunctional versatile meat grinder attachment will allow you to perform various grinding operations. When your Kitchenaid meat grinder attachment is versatile, you can perform operations such as grinding meat, grating cheese, making fresh bread crumbs, slicing fruits and vegetables and other food processing tasks. Opt for a Kitchenaid meat grinder attachment that is multifunctional.
Another consideration is checking the accessories of the meat grinder attachments that come in the package to avoid purchasing them separately. For instance, some meat grinder attachments include two to three grinding plates, but they lack a kubbe attachment to make the encased spiced lamb in a wheat shell.
Efficiency allows you to have a fast yet smooth experience. If your attachment is not efficient enough to handle grinding operations, you cant expect to get your desired ground meat. The efficiency of meat grinder attachments depends on two important factors:
a). Grinding Blade Quality
The grinding blade quality always plays a huge role in grinding meat or slicing vegetables. Therefore, you need to check the grinding blade quality before making your final purchase decision for the best efficiency.
b). Grinding Plate Quality
The quality of grinding plates has a heavy impact on the type of minced meat you will get from your meat grinder attachment. Grinding plates vary in size, and you need to choose the specific grinding plate to achieve your desired ground meat texture. These sizes included fine grinding plate, medium grinding plate and coarse grinding plate.
7. Assembling Process
This is vital to consider before choosing the best attachment of your meat grinder since you don’t want an attachment that will be hard to assemble. If the assembling process is difficult, it will give you complications when assembling the grinder attachment set. Therefore, you should opt for a meat grinder attachment that is easy to assemble to reduce any hassle.
8. Noise Level
Generally, every meat grinding device will create some noise, but some create more noise than others. The noise level depends on the attachment set you will use for your Kitchenaid stand mixer. Therefore, look for a grinder attachment set that creates less vibration or less noise.
9. Easy Cleaning
Lastly, the cleaning process of your meat grinder attachment is an important factor to consider since you will have to clean your attachments after finishing your grinding task. Therefore, before you choose your attachment, ensure you choose an attachment that is easy to clean with a cleaning brush and even with a dishwasher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can KitchenAid Meat grinder attachments be used for grinding bones?
This depends on the meat grinder attachment you purchase, where most meat grinder attachments are not powerful enough to grind bones. Kitchenaid stand mixers usually have low-wattage units, and grinding their bones will damage both the motor and the attachment.
However, attachments for meat grinders will not be damaged when grinding meats with soft chicken bones, but it could risk damaging the grinder head. To avoid pressuring the grinder head, you can chop the bones into small or fine pieces before putting them in the meat grinder head.
2. How do you maintain cool temperatures while using the meat grinder?
The metal food grinders can be pre-chilled in the freezer or refrigerator to maintain a cold grinding temperature while it gives a clean grind when preparing your own meat. For example, you could chill the food tray and grinder for about 30 minutes before you start grinding.
3. Are standalone meat grinders cheaper than regular grinders?
Interestingly, most standalone meat grinders cost as much as the KitchenAid attachments, but the price is worth paying for the attachment since you will get plenty of conveniences. In addition, you will not need to buy a new meat grinder, thanks to the attachments.
In addition, most attachments also include several grinding plates to give the texture you would desire. However, what an attachment may lack is important since the higher the grinder’s power, the quicker you will grind and enjoy consistent results.
Image Credit: kitchenaid.co.uk