Nutritionist Rosie Eyre of By Rosie recommends this hearty lamb recipe that’s great for family meals, especially when served with a side of rice.
Moroccan lamb tagine
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 tsp ginger powder or finely grated
- 3 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 kg diced lamb
- 3 lg Swedes peeled & sliced into 1/8ths
- 3 carrots peeled & chopped into 2cm rounds
- 3 parsnips peeled chopped into 2cm rounds
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of dried prunes
- 4 litres of stock
- 2 tins chickpeas drained & rinsed well
- 3 lg zucchini sliced into 3cm rounds
Heat a large saucepan, medium heat, good glug olive oil, once hot add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add all the spices, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add lamb and brown for 5 minutes.
Add all veg (apart from chickpeas & zucchini) & prunes.
Add stock until everything is completely covered.
Bring to the boil then let it simmer for 2h30, occasionally stirring.
Add chickpeas & zucchini, simmer for a further 30 minutes or more until lamb is tender.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The post Foodie Friday: A nutritious and delicious Moroccan lamb tagine appeared first on The Interiors Addict.